Are you looking for some healthy foods that are convenient to cook? These air fryer recipes for chicken can help your cause. In contrast to general perception, an air fryer can offer much more than breaded foods. The following are some of the chicken recipes that you MUST try (at least once).
Looking for an air fryer pork recipe? Check out our post 5 Air Fryer Recipes for Pork Chops.
Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Breast Recipe
This is a really quick recipe (takes about 20 minutes) that leads to a delicious and healthy meal. Add a couple of sides (salads or sweet potatoes) to the chicken and enhance the nutritional value of this recipe.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp of any cooking oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- In a small bowl, mix the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano together.
- Spray the chicken breasts on the presentation side (smooth side) with cooking spray of choice.
- Sprinkle some of the seasoning blend on each chicken breast, and use hands to pat and help the seasoning stick.
- Place the chicken breast, seasoned side down, in the air fryer.
- Spray the bare side, which is now facing up, and sprinkle on the remaining seasoning.
- Cook for 10 minutes on 360 degrees.
- Flip over (tongs are extremely helpful), and cook until internal temperature reaches at least 165o. It will take about another 8 to 12 minutes on 360o depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
- Remove the basket from the air fryer, and allow the chicken to rest for about 5 minutes before cutting into it. This lets the juices redistribute and helps the chicken be juicier.
NOTE: The people who have a knob on their air fryer MUST use a digital timer for the best flavor.
Thank you to A Pinch of Healthy for this recipe.
Looking for more healthy recipes to help you lose weight? Give these 5 air fryer recipes for weight loss a try!
Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Breast
Are you planning to cook some breaded chicken breast for dinner tonight? This flavorful air fryer recipe can help you make a scrumptious meal for your family. Although it is easy and simple, its crispy texture and delicious taste will be loved by everyone.
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/16 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat air fryer to 390°F / 200 °C.
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally to make two thin chicken breast halves from each.
- Brush each side lightly with olive oil.
- Stir together the breading ingredients. Dredge the chicken breasts in the breading multiple times until they are thoroughly coated.
- Shake off excess breading, and place in a single layer in the air fryer (2 chicken breast halves at a time).
- Cook for 4 minutes, flip, then two more minutes. Cook time will depend on the size and thickness of your chicken breasts, so either check with a digital thermometer that chicken has reached 165°F or cut one in half.
NOTE: These chicken breasts may be cooked 2-3 days ahead and stored in the fridge. Re-heat them in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes until heated through and breading becomes crispy again.
Thank you to Sweet Peas and Saffron for this recipe.
Air Fryer Chicken Breast No Breading
The mayonnaise-based marinade is the x-factor of this air fryer recipe. It makes the chicken tender and delicious. The presence of Dijon mustard gives the chicken a unique flavor that is simply TOO GOOD to resist. If that’s not enough to try this recipe, the cooking time of this scrumptious meal is less than 20 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1.5 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, coconut aminos, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish or large zip-top plastic bag.
- Add marinade and return to the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to overnight. (Omit the lemon juice if you are marinating for more than 4 hours.)
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 400 degrees.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Cook for 7 minutes.
- Flip and cook for about 7 more minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Thank you to Kicking Carbs for this recipe.
Marinated Chicken in Air Fryer
Are you a huge fan of rotisserie chicken? If YES, then you MUST try the following recipe of cooking a marinated whole chicken in an air fryer. Simply marinate the chicken in a BBQ rub and cook it for about an hour in the air fryer. You are all set to have a finger-licking experience!
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 whole chicken, about 3-5 pounds
- 2 tbsp Trader Joe’s BBQ Rub and Seasoning, or BBQ rub of your choice
- Remove chicken from packaging and pat dry with paper towels. Remove and discard neck and giblets from the cavity of the chicken.
- Loosen skin from the breast meat of the chicken by running a small spatula or your fingers gently underneath the skin. Spread 2 tablespoons of softened butter underneath the skin on both breasts. Use your fingers to spread it around under the skin.
- Liberally sprinkle the BBQ seasoning over all sides of the chicken and rub into the skin so that it sticks. Place the whole chicken breast-side down in the basket of your air fryer.
- Set the air fryer to 350 degrees and cook the chicken for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes is up, pull out the basket and flip the chicken breast side up. Place back in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 15-25 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
- Allow chicken to rest for about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Thank you to Belle of the Kitchen for this recipe.
Air Fryer Roasted Chicken Thighs
Given our hectic lives these days, it is necessary to have quick and easy recipes at our disposal. Roasted chicken thighs are one such dish that is easy and can be prepared within minutes. Despite the fact that you don’t marinate the chicken in this recipe, lemon pepper thighs are still juicy and flavorful. The quantities mentioned below are for 6 servings.
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ Tbsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 ½ Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Wash and dry chicken thighs. Rub remaining ingredients over chicken thighs.
- Place in the Air fryer and cook on 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes, turning halfway through until the chicken has reached a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
For Chicken Thighs with Skin
If the chicken thighs are skinned, increase cook time for 22-25 minutes at 360 degrees. Then, cook on 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes more.
Thank you to My Forking Life for this recipe.
Please keep in mind that we may receive a small commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.