Who says recipes for weight loss need to be boring? Not us! These recipes have all the flavor of a cheat day! From adapting a “rice” recipe to knock out the carbs to spicing things up, these recipes deliver flavor without the pounds.
Air Fryer Blackened Tilapia
The trick to bringing real flavor to ordinary tilapia? Sala! Cutting the fat by air frying makes this tilapia succulent, and the salsa makes it dance!
- 1/2 mango, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1/3 cup peeled, diced cucumber
- 1-1/2 tsp jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3 TBS diced red onion
- 1-1/2 tsp lime juice
- 3 TBS cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 (4 ounce) tilapia filets
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 TBS smoked paprika
- 1-1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 lemon wedges
1. In a small bowl, combine the diced mango, cucumber, jalapeno, onion, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve the tilapia.
2. Rinse the fish filets under cold water and dry them well with paper towels.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, onion powder, thyme, oregano, cayenne, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Coat the tilapia filets completely with the olive oil. Press equal amounts of the seasoning into all sides of each filet to completely coat. Allow the fish to sit for 15 minutes at room temperature prior to cooking.
4. Set the air fryer to 350°F and 20 minutes. After 5 minutes, place the tilapia in the fryer basket or on the crisper plate. Cook for 6 minutes. Gently flip the filets over and continue to cook for an additional 4 to 6 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F. (If you are afraid the fish will fall apart, don’t bother flipping it).
5. Place the rice on a large serving platter. Put the tilapia filets on top of the rice and garnish with the lemon wedges. Serve right away with the mango salsa on the side.
Thank you to Air-Fried.com for this recipe.
Air Fryer Broccoli and Asparagus
Every weight loss program pushes the green veggies… and this recipe brings you two! Asparagus and broccoli bring flavor, fiber, and vitamins to your day.
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets & stems
- 1 serving avocado oil cooking spray
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground multi-colored peppercorns
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line the basket with parchment paper.
- Place asparagus spears & broccoli in the air fryer basket and mist with avocado oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder, pink Himalayan salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Air fry until asparagus spears start to char, 7 to 9 minutes.
Thank you to AllRecipes.com
Air Fryer Cauliflower Rice Balls
If you’ve cut carbs, you might think you have to give up the comfort food feel of a good rice ball. But these arancini (rice balls) are made from riced cauliflower! Fewer carbs and an extra nuttiness make this version worth cutting carbs!
- 1 Italian chicken sausage link, casing removed (2 3/4 oz)
- 2 1/4 cups riced cauliflower, frozen works great
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons homemade marinara, plus optional more for serving
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs or gluten-free crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Pecorino Romano or parmesan*
- cooking spray
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking the meat up with spoon as it cooks as small as you can, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, salt and marinara and cook 6 minutes on medium heat, stirring until the cauliflower is tender and heated through.
- Remove from heat and add the mozzarella cheese to the skillet and stir well to mix. Let it cool 3 to 4 minutes, until it’s easy to handle.
- Spray a 1/4 cup measuring cup with cooking spray and fill with cauliflower mixture, leveling the top. Use a small spoon to scoop out into your palm and roll into a ball. Set aside on a dish.
- Repeat with the remaining cauliflower, you should have 6 balls.
- Place the egg in one bowl and the breadcrumbs in another.
- Add the parmesan to the crumbs and mix.
- Dip the ball in the egg, then in the crumbs and transfer to a baking sheet. Spray the top with cooking spray.
- Bake in the air fryer 400F for 9 minutes turning halfway until golden. You can also bake them in the oven at 425F for 25 minutes, until golden.
- Serve with marinara sauce, for dipping.
Thank you to SkinnyTaste.com for this recipe.
Air Fryer Halibut Chunks
You don’t have to give up fish sticks to be healthy. Just make these healthy Halibut Chunks instead! Serve with your favorite low-fat tartar alternative and you’ve got a dinner or a snack worth having.
- 8 (800 grams) halibut fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (50 grams) dried breadcrumbs or gluten free breadcrumbs.
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- If using frozen fish fillets, defrost them. For chunks, break fillets into larger pieces. Drizzle with olive oil, and make sure that the halibut is well coated with oil.
- In a shallow dish, mix the breadcrumbs with paprika, chili powder, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and salt.
- Coat each fish fillet in breadcrumbs, and transfer to your air fryer basket.
- Cook in the air fryer at 390°F (200°C) for 12-15 minutes. After the first 8-10 minutes, open the air fryer and flip the fish fillets on the other side then continue cooking.
Thank you to LittleSunnyKitchen.com for this recipe.
Air Fryer Chicken and Peppers
Diet recipes often give up the flavor to cut the pounds… no such sacrifice here with this great chicken fajita recipe! This chicken and peppers combo will make your taste buds sing.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- Slice chicken breast into 1/4″ thick slices. Slice peppers and onions. Place it all in a large bowl.
- In a small dish, combine chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, cayenne, and sugar. Whisk it all together.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil into bowl with meat and vegetables and toss to coat. Sprinkle in the seasoning mix and continue to toss to coat everything well.
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 380°. Add everything to air fryer basket or tray and air fry at 380° for 15-18 minutes. Mix everything every few minutes to evenly cook.
- When done, juices at bottom of air fryer basket or tray can be mixed in with fajitas before serving.
Thank you to RecipeTeacher.com for this recipe.
With these recipes, you can lose the weight without losing the flavor. Mix things up with different veggies or fish and you have an entire week’s menu on this page!
Please keep in mind that we may receive a small commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.