Why is making pork chops in an air fryer a fabulous idea you might ask? Because they turn out wonderful and delicious every time and in very little time. The Air fryer seals in juices and tenderness without much effort and wows the taste buds with zero essential vitamin and nutrients loss, unlike conventional baking.
Here we will introduce you to five wonderful and simple air fryer pork chop recipes, from breaded to non breaded. And a stuffed recipe that is sure to please no matter the occasion.
Looking for air fryer chicken recipes? Check out our post 5 Air Fryer Recipes for Chicken.
Air Fryer Pork Chops – No Breading
With the invention of the Air Fryer dinner has never been easier, more delicious or quicker. Make these wonderful Air Fryer Pork Chops with a little seasoning and 10 minutes out of your day and you are on your way to getting moist, yummy pork chops on the table in no time for dinner. You and Your family are guaranteed to love them!
Did you know you can cook steak in an air fryer? Check out these great steak recipes here.
Easy Air Fryer Pork Chops
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
- 2 pork chops about 1″ thick (can be boneless or bone-in)
- Olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cover both sides of each pork chop in olive oil.
- Combine seasoning ingredients and rub over both sides of each pork chop.
- Spray your air fryer basket with nonstick spray.
- Put pork chops in basket in a single layer, leaving room around each so air can circulate around them for thorough cooking.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately. (for best taste see note)
Note: It is best to let the pork chops sit for up to 5-30 minutes before serving to allow them to reabsorb any juices to ensure tenderness and flavor.
Special thanks to 2 Cookin’ Mamas for this recipe.
Recipes for Breaded Pork Chops in an Air Fryer
Sometimes you just get to craving down home fried foods….this is an easy way to get that comforting taste without the added calories liquid oil frying adds.
EASY and Zesty 12-MINUTE BREADED PORK CHOPS
Super easy and satisfying these zesty breaded pork chops are sure to delight even the toughest critic! I love cutting up lemons as sides to squeeze on ours. A little fresh salad and you have a wonderful easy meal.
- 4 (4) Bone-in center-cut pork chops , about 24 oz (1/2″ thick) [See Note 1]
- non-fat cooking spray , like Pam cooking spray
- 1 egg , beat til blended
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (we like panko crumbs)
- 4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt (we like coarse ground or kosher)
- Prepare your chops: Trim all fat from the chops. Rinse with water to remove any small bone particles.
- Prepare your Dredging Stations: In one shallow dish or baking pan, beat egg white with water. In another shallow bowl or baking pan, mix together bread crumbs and spices.
- Coat those Chops: drag the chops in the egg mixture being sure to coat both sides. Next, dip chops into dry breading mix turning to coat both sides.
- Into the Fryer we go: Spray fryer rack lightly with non-stick cooking spray and arrange the chops in a single layer (ensure there is space between the chops for even cooking) and insert drawer into fryer and close. Remember, you can add a second layer with a rack if needed. Set the temp to 380 degrees F and the time for 12 minutes (adjust for altitude you live in). Important: be sure to turn the chops over halfway through the cooking time and lightly spray with cooking spray, close the drawer and continue cooking. The chops are done when the internal temperature reaches 145 -165 degrees F and the center is no longer pink.
- Allow to Rest: Allow the chops to rest for 3-15 minutes before serving so they can reabsorb those wonderful juices.
Notes: For boneless chops you use the same temperature and a start time of 10 minutes, checking to see if cooked through at that point and adding additional time in 1 minute increments if needed. Also you can swap the parsley for Italian herbs or oregano. Herbs de Provence is another great alternative! As always after cooking allow to sit for 3-15 minutes to reabsorb all those lovely juices then serve and enjoy!
Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 155mg | Sodium: 501mg | Potassium: 737mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1218IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Vitamin D: 1µg | Vitamin E: 1mg | Vitamin K: 10µg | Calcium: 66mg | Folate: 24µg | Iron: 3mg | Zinc: 3mg
Nutritional information is sourced from the USDA Food Database and provided for your convenience.
Special thanks to Kitchen Dreaming for this wonderful recipe!
Air Fryer Shake and Bake Breaded Pork Chops
What’s better than Classic Shake N Bake Pork Chops, in your Air Fryer! This is one of the first Air Fryer recipes for pork chops I tried when we bought our Air Fryer. Shake N Bake is always simple, easy and tasty! No fail recipe straight ahead!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 bone-in pork chop or can sub in boneless if you prefer (just cut time down by two minutes).
- 1 pkg of Shake N Bake, Original or any flavor you like is fine.
- Pour the seasoned Shake N Bake bread crumb mix into a Ziploc bag or seal-able container/shaker.
- Add the meat and shake around according to the directions on your Shake N Bake pkg instructions.
- Coat your basket or tray with a light spray of oil so the chops don’t stick.
- Once evenly coated put the chops on the tray or basket and
set in the air fryer oven/basket and allow to cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F, making sure to turn them over mid way through cooking. Check the internal temperature, should read 145 degrees F.
- You can then plate, serve and enjoy!
Note: always adjust times and temperature based on your altitude.
Warm thanks to Fork to Spoon for this delicious classic recipe!
Air Fryer Pork Chops using Flour
Air Fryer Southern Style Fried Pork Chops is an easy recipe using boneless pork chops, buttermilk, and zesty seasoning to provide the perfect crunchy texture. This recipe provides a lightened-up way to enjoy a down-home comfort food meal with the great taste of soul food cooking.
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cook time: 20 Minutes
Total time: 25 Minutes
- 4 pork chops, can be bone in or boneless
- 3 tbsp buttermilk , you can use fat-free
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Seasoning Salt to taste You can also use a chicken or pork rub.
- pepper to taste
- 1 Ziploc bag
- cooking oil spray
- Pat the pork chops dry.
- Season the pork chops with the seasoning salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the buttermilk over the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops in a Ziploc bag with the flour. Shake to fully coat.
- Marinate for 30 minutes. This step is optional. This helps the flour adhere to the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops in the air fryer. I do not recommend you stack. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Spray the pork chops with cooking oil.
- Cook the pork chops for 15 minutes on 380 degrees. Flip the pork chops over to the other side after 10 minutes.
Note: If you prefer for your pork chops to be juicy, opt for a lower cook time, such as 12-15 minutes in the Air Fryer. For really crispy pork chops you can cook them up to 20 minutes.
Thanks to Stay Snatched for such a wonderful down home classic recipe.
Stuffed Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
Super yummy crowd pleasing chops can be made for any occasion or just because. Sure to be a huge hit. Perfect for a fancy gathering.
Stuffed Italian Air Fryer Pork Chops
- 1 bone-in rib eye pork chop (12-ounce cut 1 inch thick)
- 1 ounce Fontina cheese (cut up)
- 1 1/2 slices prosciutto (cut up)
- 2 teaspoons roasted red peppers (finely chopped bottled)
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh Italian parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Meanwhile, pat pork chops dry with paper towels. Make a pocket in the chop by cutting horizontally from the fat side almost to the bone or the opposite side.
- Combine Fontina cheese, prosciutto, roasted peppers, parsley and, if desired, red pepper flakes; stuff mixture into pork chop. Close opening using wooden toothpicks. Place beaten egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip chops into egg, then into breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat.
- Lightly spray the air-fryer basket with cooking spray. Place chop in basket; lightly spray top of chop with cooking spray.
- Cook for 6 minutes. Turn chop over and lightly spray with cooking spray. Cook for 6 minutes more or until lightly golden and instant-read thermometer inserted near center and not touching filling reads 145°F.
- Let rest for 3-10 minutes before serving.
Note: You can double this recipe or quadruple it depending on how many chops you are making.
Special thanks to National Pork Board for a wonderful recipe!
- What if my pork is still a bit pink? The USDA’s recommended cooking temperature for pork is 145 -165 degrees F . Therefore it is deemed safe to eat even if it is still a little pink in the center as long as in that range.
- Leftovers should always be stored in an air-tight container. They can be stored for up to 3 days in the refrigerator or can be put in a freezer-safe container or bag in the freezer for up to 3 months and reheated for a quick meal during the week. You can also make ahead for quick and easy reheat meal nights!
Please keep in mind that we may receive a small commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.