The combination of an air fryer and fish guarantees you a healthy and scrumptious meal. Depending upon your taste, you can cook different types of fish (cod, tilapia, catfish, etc.) with your air fryer. Similarly, you can make all kinds of recipes ranging from keto to beer-battered fish. The following air fryer recipes are ideal for all those people who love seafood.
Air Fryer Tilapia No Breading
This garlic and lemon fish is a treat if you like some spice in your food. In contrast to crispy breading, this recipe has a juicy and tender texture. The given quantities (of ingredients) are for 2 servings.
- 12 ounces tilapia fillets, or other white fish (2 filets-6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, optional
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- lemon wedges
- Pre-heat air fryer to 360° F for 5 minutes.
- Rinse and pat dry the fish fillets. Spray or coat with olive oil spray and season with garlic powder, lemon pepper, and/or onion powder, salt, and pepper. Repeat for both sides.
- Lay perforated air fryer baking paper inside the base of the air fryer. Lightly spray the paper. (if not using a liner, spray enough olive oil spray at the base of the air fryer basket to make sure fish does not stick)
- Lay the fish on top of the paper. Add a few lemon wedges next to fish.
- Air Fry at 360°F for about 6-12 minutes, or until fish can be flaked with a fork. Thicker fillets will take longer to cook.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve warm with the toasted lemon wedges.
Note: The perforated baking paper prevents the fish from sticking to the air fryer.
Thank you to Best Recipe Box for this recipe.
Air Fryer Cod No Breading
Are you looking for some crispy cod but don’t have the time to prepare the fish traditionally? Your air fryer can help you cook juicy cod (with significantly fewer calories) in about 15 minutes. The mentioned quantities (of ingredients) are for 2 servings.
- 1 lb. cod fillet
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- Prepare ingredients for the air fryer cod fillets. Season fillets with your favorite seasoning.
- Brush the air fryer basket with oil. Top it with butter and lemon slices.
- Cook cod in the air fryer at 400o F for 10-13 minutes, depending on the size of fillets. The internal temperature should reach 145o F.
Thank you to Moms Dish for this recipe.
Keto Air Fryer Fish
If you are trying to lose weight or need to add some variety in your healthy menu, these keto fish sticks are what you need. This simple air fryer recipe is easy to make and is loved by everyone in the family. The stated quantities (of ingredients) are for 4 servings.
- 1 lb. white fish such as cod
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups pork rind panko such as Pork King Good
- 3/4 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray the air fryer rack with non-stick cooking spray (I use avocado oil spray).
- Pat the fish dry and cut into sticks about 1 inch by 2 inches wide. The method and tool of cutting will depend a little on the kind and thickness of fish.
- In a small shallow bowl, whisk together the mayo, mustard, and water. In another shallow bowl, whisk together the pork rinds and Cajun seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste. Both the pork rinds and seasoning could have a fair bit of salt so dip a finger in to taste how salty it is.
- Working with one piece of fish at a time, dip it into the mayo mixture to coat. Tap off the excess. Then, dip it into the pork rind mixture and toss to coat. Place on the air fryer rack.
- Set to Air Fry at 400o F and bake 5 minutes. Then, flip the fish sticks with tongs and bake another 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Thank you to All Day I Dream About Food for this recipe.
Cajun Air Fryer Fish
This air fryer recipe is a treat for those people who love salmon. It hardly takes 10 minutes to cook (10 minutes for preparation) this delicious fish. In addition to its juicy texture and scrumptious flavor, this Cajun recipe also offers a unique hint of sweetness. The mentioned quantities (of ingredients) are for 2 servings.
- 2 (6 ounces) skin-on salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Rinse and dry salmon fillets with a paper towel. Mist fillets with cooking spray. Combine Cajun seasoning and brown sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle onto a plate. Press flesh sides of fillets into the seasoning mixture.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with cooking spray and place salmon fillets skin-side down. Mist salmon again lightly with cooking spray.
- Cook for 8 minutes. Remove from the air fryer and let rest for 2 minutes before serving.
Thank you to All Recipes for this recipe.
Want to try more great salmon recipes for your air fryer? Check out our post 5 Air Fryer Recipes for Salmon.
Beer-Battered Fish Air Fryer
Are you a fan of fish tacos? If yes, this air fryer recipe can be a great addition to your list of options. Not only does it offer you a different flavor, but it also saves you from all the fat of fried fish. You just need to spray the rack of the air fryer and the fish to cook your meal. The given quantities (of ingredients) are for 4 servings.
- 2 eggs
- 10 ounces of Mexican beer
- 1 ½ cups of corn starch
- ½ tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 pound of cod cut into large pieces
- Non-stick spray
For the Salsa and Taco:
- 3 peeled and medium-diced mangos
- ½ peeled, seeded and small diced red bell pepper
- 1 peeled, seeded and small diced jalapeño
- ½ peeled and small diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- ½ thinly sliced head of red cabbage
- Soft corn tortillas
- Crumbled queso fresco for garnish
- Sliced green onions and cilantro leaves for garnish
For the Salsa: Combine the mangos, peppers, onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice together in a medium-size bowl and mix. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the Fish:
- In a medium-size bowl whisk together the eggs and beer and set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl whisk together the cornstarch, flour, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Coat the fish in the egg-beer mixture and transfer it to the flour mixture and dredge to completely coat on all sides.
- Spray the bottom of the air-fryer basket with no-stick spray and place in the fish and spray the tops of the fish with no-stick spray.
- Cook at 375° for 15 minutes.
To plate: Place the air-fried fish on a corn tortilla and top off with cabbage, salsa, queso fresco, green onions, and cilantro.
Thank you to The Inspired Home for this recipe.
Please keep in mind that we may receive a small commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.