How to cook Whole Chicken Wings in an Air Fryer
It’s important to know that good air circulation is absolutely necessary for the skin on the chicken wings to get nice and crispy. In a small fryer it is normal to do five at a time. Since that is the case, this recipe is best for small batches and not for serving large crowds or you will be at it all day!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
This is a fantastic recipe to satisfy your craving for those crispy, delicious restaurant style chicken wings at home.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Calories 199 kcal
- 2 lbs whole chicken wings fresh, not frozen
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp rotisserie chicken seasoning or your favorite dry rub seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Brush the inside of your air fryer basket lightly with vegetable oil and preheat the air fryer to 250 degrees.
- In a large zippered back, combine the baking powder, chicken seasoning and salt. Add the fresh wings and shake to coat.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer you’ll probably have to cook the wings in two separate batches.
- For each batch, add one layer of chicken wings to the basket making sure they aren’t touching each other (or barely touching).
- Cook at 250 degrees for 15 minutes. Flip the wings over and increase the temperature to 400 degrees.
- Cook the wings at 400 degrees for an additional 15 minutes.
- Check the temperature of the wings. Mine were over 200 degrees F when finished. Skin will be lightly browned and crispy.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, honey and melted butter. Toss the cooked wings in the sauce and serve.
Notes: First shake your raw (not frozen) chicken wings in a mix of baking powder and whatever grill or chicken seasoning you wish to use. In between coating the wings take the time to brush a light coating of vegetable oil on the air fryer basket and preheat the air fryer before adding the wings. Once the wings are cooked you can finish them with a mix of soy sauce, honey, and melted butter. Or you can add your favorite sauce after the wings are cooked.
Warm thanks to Foodtastic Mom for this great recipe!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Dry Rub
Here’s a super easy air fryer wings recipe with the greatest rub for chicken wings ever! If you’re wanting a healthy alternative to fried chicken with the same mouth-watering taste then these naked chicken wings are the answer.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time:16 minutes
Total Time: 26 minutes
Calories: 409 kcal
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp pepper or more if you like really peppery
- 2 tbsp salt
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 16 chicken wings give or take a few
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- olive oil spray
- 1 tsp cinnamon optional
- Mix all ingredients except chicken wings in a bowl, combine well. (cinnamon is optional) Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Wash and dry your chicken wings using a paper towel to pat dry. Then spray lightly with olive oil.
- Use a large freezer bag and pour about 1/2 a cup of your rub into the bag with about 6 wings or so. Shake shake until they are coated.
- Spray inside of air fryer basket once it’s done preheating with non stick spray and put coated wings inside. Try to not overlap them.
- Set to 400 degrees F. for 16 minutes.
- To make them as crispy as possible flip your wings half way thru the cooking cycle.
- Remove when done, zest with lime juice if desired and enjoy…can dip in ranch dressing or other sauces.
- If making another batch, coat them with dry rub and repeat process for another 16 minute round.
Thanks to the The Typical Mom for these great dry rub Wings!
Frozen Wings in the Air Fryer
Okay so this seems undo-able…with all the naysayers out there who say not to, we like to be daredevils and do it anyway. And you’ll be glad to join us!
How To Cook Frozen Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings. Would you like to learn how to cook the best ever frozen chicken wings in the air fryer? If so, how to cook frozen chicken wings in the air fryer guide is perfect for YOU.
Cook Time: 12 mins
Total Time: 12 mins
- package of chicken wings
- your favorite seasoning
- Preheat your air fryer for 2-3 minutes.
- Season your wings however you wish, no need for baking soda to help crisp them up.
- Place the frozen chicken wings into your air fryer basket. (be sure to leave space between so air can circulate for even crisping)
- Cook for 12 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sauce.
Note: You can cook up to 15 frozen chicken wings at once in your air fryer if you are using a large one…approximately 5 for smaller ones.
Thanks to Recipe This for this very simple yet yummy recipe!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Lemon Pepper
All the delicious flavors of your favorite classic game night treat without all the guilt.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Marinating Time: 1 day
- 3 lemons finely zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt optional (only needed if NOT marinating the wings)
- 1 ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken wing sections
- Place chicken wings in a freezer bag and add the lemon juice. Seal tightly and place in a large bowl (to protect from leaks.) Refrigerate overnight, turning the bag when you think about it.
- To prepare the seasoning, combine the lemon zest, salt (if needed), black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Set aside if using soon or place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and pat the chicken dry using paper towels.
- Brush the chicken with olive oil and rub with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Prepare the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Place the chicken wings in the air fryer basket leaving space between for air circulation.
- Cook the chicken wings for 20 to 30 minutes (depending on the size of the wings and the wattage of the air fryer) turning once midway through.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 673mg | Potassium: 313mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 198IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg
Thanks to I Don’t Have Time for That for this delicious recipe!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Cornstarch
These Air Fryer Chicken Wings are a huge hit with my family. Using Tabasco Pepper Jelly was a nice change of pace according to hubby who likes a touch of the sweet and spicy flavor it brings. I used grape jelly as I’m a wimp and can’t handle the spice.
- Chicken wings
- 2-3 Eggs (beaten for use as egg wash)
- Seasoning of your choice
- Tabasco pepper jelly (or regular jelly if prefer non spicy)
- Rinse Chicken Wings
- Apply your favorite seasoning
- Coat Chicken Wings with cornstarch
- Set Chicken Wings on wire rack
- Set in refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour (optional)
- Heat *Tabasco Pepper Jelly over medium-low heat just to loosen/soften it
- Dredge in Eggwash and cornstarch and place back in refrigerator for 30 min to an hour
- Cook Wings in the air fryer to desired doneness (about 25 minutes)
- Coat Chicken Wings in Tabasco Jelly (optional)
- Remove Chicken Wings and coat with more Tabasco Jelly
Note: if you don’t want these to be spicy you can use a *regular jelly in place of the pepper jelly. Also, there was no need to double batter them with cornstarch. Double battering them really defeated the main reason that I prefer to use cornstarch rather than flour, and that is a very thin crispy coating.
Thanks to No Hippie BBQ & Cooking for this spicy delicious recipe!
Please keep in mind that we may receive a small commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.