These recipes are sure to tempt even the toughest food critics, namely your kids! Here we have some old fashioned favorites done in the Air Fryer for less calories and fats so you can feel good indulging them (and yourself) any time.
Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets with Flour
Nearly every kid LOVES chicken nuggets…I have never met one personally who doesn’t. This Air Fryer Chicken Nugget recipe will be one they will ask for constantly! (Seriously… You will need to invest in a chicken nugget company if you make these 😉 )
AIR FRYER CHICKEN NUGGETS
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Olive oil spray
- Optional dipping sauce: marinara or pizza sauce, barbecue sauce, or ranch dressing
- Preheat air fryer at 400ºF for 8-10 minutes.
- Set out three small shallow bowls. In the first bowl, place flour, salt, and pepper; mix lightly. In the second bowl, add egg and beat lightly.
- In the third bowl, combine Panko, parmesan cheese,and parsley flakes.
- One at a time, coat chicken pieces in the flour mixture, then dip into the beaten egg, and finally coat with the Panko mixture, pressing lightly to help the coating adhere.
- Place chicken nuggets in basket of air fryer, in a single layer. Spray the nuggets with olive oil spray (this helps them get golden brown and crispy). You will not be able to cook them all at once. Cook each batch of chicken nuggets for 7 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF. Do not overcook.
Notes: If your kids don’t like anything green in their food, simply leave out the parsley flakes, no biggie. You can also change the seasoning, maybe using seasoned salt, or garlic salt. Very Important!: do not cook the nuggets all at once. You want to ensure the air can circulate around them so they cook nice and crispy…cook in smaller batches for best results. I use olive oil spray or veggie oil spray, any non-stick cooking spray will work.
Special thanks to Rachel Cooks for this fantastic nugget recipe!
Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets – No Breading
Okay “technically” these can be called breading free because there are no bread crumbs, no flour and no crackers…No kidding. This is such a yummy alternative to all the heavier ‘breaded’ nuggets out there you’ll be shocked how popular they will be at your next lunch date with the kiddos…
Crispy Low Carb Chicken Nuggets in the Air Fryer
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 bag pork rinds (3.25 oz)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup mayo
- Pour the contents of the pork rinds into a baggie and crush into the form of bread crumbs. Pour into a large shallow bowl and mix in the spices and cheese.
- Either cut or just add the tenders to a large plastic baggie and spoon the mayo on top.
- Squish the mayo and chicken around to cover the chicken completely.
- Piece by piece cover the chicken with the bread crumbs and carefully place in the basket of the air fryer. Be sure to not cook all of them at once as you want to leave room between for air circulation in order to cook.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 380 degrees F and then 5 minutes at 400 degrees. Check to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Serve immediately with choice of dipping sauce and we recommend a side of fries (see recipe listed here).
Thanks to My Life Cook Book for this delicious alternative to traditional nuggets!
Air Fryer French Fries from Scratch
Who can resist perfectly fried french fries? I know we can’t. We just absolutely loved this recipe so we had to share. Your kids are sure to ask for them time and again…sorry frozen fries, you’re out!
Perfect Air Fryer French Fries from Potato
These are practically guilt free french fries that can be made in the air fryer for that wonderful crispy crunch that reminds us of summer fun and fall festivals. Good anytime really…a great comfort food…mmm…our mouth is watering just thinking of how good these are gonna taste!
- 9 large potatoes peeled and cut
- 1 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper salt per your taste
- Peel and cut your french fries and add all the ingredients in it and mix it well.
- Put a flat layer of fries in the bottom basket of the air fryer at 400 degrees for 8 min, after 8 min check and shuffle them a little and stick them back in for another 8 min for a total of 16 min.
- Enjoy by themselves or with your choice of dipping sauce or gravy!
Special thanks to Raihana’s Cuisines for this fantastic tasting recipe!
Frozen Mac and Cheese Bites in the Air Fryer
What is one thing kids love more than even french fries? Mac n Cheese! Yes sireee…every time my great niece comes to visit she requests these Air Fried masterpieces. Much less messy than traditional Mac n Cheese and kids LOVE finger foods!
Air Fried Macaroni and Cheese Bites
These Air Fried Mac and Cheese Bites are tiny balls of fried perfection!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Freezer: 30 minutes
Total Time: 48 minutes
- 4 cups leftover macaroni and cheese refrigerated
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup Japanese Panko
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 slices cooked bacon chopped finely (optional)
- Using your *leftover refrigerated macaroni and cheese, take large chunks, about 2 Tbsp, and roll into balls. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add egg and milk and whisk to combine. Then in another bowl, add panko breadcrumbs, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and chopped bacon if using, and stir to combine.
- Grab a macaroni and cheese ball and place in egg and milk mixture, coating the entire ball, then add to the panko mixture, then add to a lined parchment paper cookie sheet. Place in the freezer and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your air fryer on 360 degrees. After the 30 minutes, remove the macaroni and cheese balls from the freezer and place them into Air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure they don’t touch.
- Air fry for 8-10 minutes until light and golden on the outside.
- Remove, serve with choice of dipping sauce if desired, and enjoy.
Calories: 887kcal | Carbohydrates: 116g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 2539mg | Potassium: 569mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 402IU | Calcium: 345mg | Iron: 6mg
Note: You can also use fresh but must freeze for a couple hours minimum to make this recipe.
Thanks to My Forking Life for this tempting recipe!
Air Fryer Pizza with Premade Crust
It really couldn’t be easier than this! You will never ever go back to frozen again! This pizza is perfect for those movie nights in with the kiddos.
Air Fryer Pizza
Have it your way with this crispy and flavorful pizza baked right in your air fryer in just minutes!
- 10″ pre-made pizza crust
- Pizza sauce, traditional or you can use one of a variety of sauces you like (I like to use balsamic drizzle)
- Your choice of toppings (you really can’t go wrong with this)
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat air fryer to 350º Fahrenheit.
- Using a spoon, spread your sauce on the pizza crust.
- Add your toppings (don’t overdo it or it will take too long to bake).
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top of the pizza.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thanks to Bitz & Giggles for a wonderfully super easy recipe!
Note: This recipe gives me yummy ideas! I could totally see using this recipe for churro or dessert pizza! A little ice cream or whipped topping….ideas for another time…mmm!
Please keep in mind that we may receive a small commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.