When it comes to cooking you want the best countertops possible to work on. The material you select should last you a long time and not be easily damaged. This may raise your costs a little bit but in the long run, the initial expense is worth it as you do not have to continue to pay money for repairs or replacement surfaces.
To learn which is the best countertop to use just continue to read our article. It has the information you want to know about so that you can make the best decision for your home.
What is the Best Kitchen Countertop to Buy
There are a lot of good surfaces that will work with this task. The one you get will depend on your preferences and your budget. The best countertop you can buy will cost you some money so you will need to be prepared to pay the extra money.
The good news is that the best option will last a lifetime. If treated correctly, you should not have any trouble for as long as you own your home.
1. Quartz- This material is made from stone chunks that are mixed with resins and color materials. It is also called engineered stone and when made right it has a lot of benefits when you install it in your house.
Some of those benefits are:
- It doesn’t stain
- Resists acidic foods
- Chip resistant
- Looks good
- Environmentally friendly as it is made from stone waste
There were some drawbacks as well. Some homeowners thought the color and patterns were too uniform and consistent. They felt that these characteristics did not look like real stone.
But despite those drawbacks, quartz is a very strong material that needs little maintenance to keep it in shape. Another benefit is that it comes in several different varieties, so you are not stuck with one choice and one design. You get to choose which option will work the best in your home.
There are two keys to having quartz in your house. The first is that an expert installer should do all the work. This is not something that can be left up to amateurs. The second is that you do have to wipe them regularly especially when you spilled some liquid on the top of the surface.
Quartz is stain-resistant not stain proof so you still cannot leave a mess on them for a long time before wiping the mess up. Proper care will keep these surfaces in top shape for a very long time. And Quartz should raise the value of your home a little bit.
What is the Best Kitchen Worktop Material
You have just read about #1 and it is a very good surface to have to work on when you do a lot of cooking and meal preparation. But if you cannot afford quartz, then there are some other top-quality surfaces you can buy and install in your home.
2. Granite- Very popular material to use and it can work in both the bathroom and the kitchen. This material is very durable, heat-resistant and it comes in a variety of colors. You can match your room’s decor with ease.
The biggest drawback to this material is that it is porous. That means spills and other liquids can get inside and cause a few problems. That is if you do not seal it first.
3. Marble- If you have the bucks, then this may be one top option you can spend your money on. Marble is not cheap, but it is very beautiful. One reason it is chosen for the kitchen is that it has a naturally cool temperature.
Plus, it is heat resistant and will look good in most homes. The drawback to this material is that it needs sealing as well.
4. Laminate- This is a very affordable material that you will see in most homes. It is made with fiberglass, paper, wood, and plastic so it is on the lower end of the scale in terms of quality and looks.
The advantage this material has over the others is that anyone with handyman skills can install it. The laminate comes in long sheets that need cutting to size and shape only. Then it needs glue to adhere it to your counters.
Some Final Words
When you are remodeling your kitchen try to upgrade your countertop materials. That way you can save money in the long run and enjoy the beauty of quartz, granite, or marble for a long time to come.
Please keep in mind that we may receive a small commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.