The more things change the more they stay the same. This applies to the flooring as well. The more varieties of flooring you get, there is always one thing that remains the same. They all need to be cleaned. Some flooring material is easier to clean than others.
When you have a laminate floor, cleaning may not be done the same way as other flooring materials. You have to be careful about streaks as well. To do a good job on your laminate floors just continue to read our article.
It has the information you need to know about in order to have a very clear, non-streak shine when you are done.
How to Clean Laminate Floors Without Leaving Streaks
You may have had problems with chemical cleansers leaving streaks behind. This can make cleaning laminate floors challenging. Instead of going to those commercial cleaners, you can try some natural ones that usually are streak-free.
1. Vinegar and Water- Mix a 1 to 1 ratio of both liquids together in a bottle. Shake well so that the two liquids mix well. Then if you do not care for the vinegar odor, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil scent.
After mixing everything together, apply the cleaner to your mop or pour directly onto your floor. Mop like you usually do taking care not to start in the wrong position. If you have any leftovers, that is okay. This mixture can last for weeks without degrading.
2. Tea and Water- Black tea is going to be the best option here and you will want to make one cup of black tea and then let it cool down. When it is cool enough, mix it with one cup of water in a spray bottle.
When the two liquids are combined, just spray as you wipe or mop. There is no sense putting too much moisture on your good laminate flooring. When your floor is clean, dump the rest of the mixture into the sink. You can’t store it for another day.
3. Baby Shampoo- In this method, a little does go a long way. Mix only 1 tbsp. of baby shampoo with a spray bottle filled with warm water. Mix thoroughly to make sure the shampoo is well distributed.
Since baby shampoo is gentle, it should not damage your laminate floor when you spray it on. However, make sure to spray it on lightly as you do not need to soak your floor with this cleanser.
4. Baking Soda and Water- You need to make a paste of these two ingredients. Once that is done, all you have to do is some spot cleaning as this is more of a stain removing cleanser than an overall cleaner.
Just let the solution sit on the stain for a few minutes before wiping it off.
5. Rubbing Alcohol- This option is a bit tricky as you cannot let it really touch and sit on the laminate. If it sits too long it could do some harm to that flooring material. Try to keep the alcohol on the stain only and wipe it up after a few minutes.
One Good Tip: If you live in a hard water region of the country, use distilled water instead of tap water. The hard water from the tap will leave some minerals or other deposits behind. To avoid that issue, use distilled water.
Keeping Your Laminate Floors Clean Tips
You have several different methods you can use in order to keep your floors spotless. When you use the cleaning solutions above, you should not see any streaks when you are done. Here are a few of those tried-and-true options that work for just about everyone:
- Do a general cleaning regularly- sweep daily
- Vacuum a couple of times a week
- Do a spot check first- try the cleanser out to make sure no streaks are left behind. Find a good corner to do this test
- Apply the cleaner and use the right mop to get all the dirt up- use smooth even strokes
- Dry the floor after every cleaning to make sure no moisture is left behind
- Always use clean mop heads, pads, and towels to do the cleaning and drying
Use Good Maintenance Habits
One way to keep your floors clean and streak-free is to use proper maintenance habits. here are a few suggestions to help you maintain your floors better:
- Wipe up all spills right away- do not let them sit and create stains
- Set up a regular cleaning schedule to keep dirt, dust, and grime off the floors
- Make sure no one wears shoes in the room
- Let a professional come in regularly and keep the floors nice and clean
Keeping your laminate floors streak-free is not really a tough job. You just have to use the right cleansers and a little elbow grease. Then be careful of how you swing the mop. Long even strokes are the best to avoid streaking.
Please keep in mind that we may receive a small commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.