It is More Than a Mixer
KitchenAid stand mixers do a whole lot more than just mix baking ingredients. When you buy the attachments, you can expand your home baking and cooking skills. All it takes is to attach the right attachment for your purpose.
To learn how to use a KitchenAid stand mixer just continue to read our article. It provides you with some helpful information that will help you get the most out of your new small kitchen appliance.
When you buy a KitchenAid stand mixer, you are buying a product that will impress your family when they see your meal results.
How to Use a KitchenAid Mixer
The device is usually very self-explanatory, and it only takes a few minutes to get up to speed in knowing how to use it. The first main learning issue is the speed control. Here are some instructions on when to use which speed level:
- Stir– This is the beginning level, and it is used when you start mixing your ingredients together.
- #2– This is just for slow mixing when you need to knead dough or start mashing your potatoes for supper.
- #4– When you need to beat your batter and make meringues, cookies, and other foods that need a well-mixed batter. This slow speed should help you avoid over mixing.
- #6– This is the final mixing speed level. Once you have everything thoroughly mixed you give it a once over at this speed level.
- #8– When you are making whipped cream for a special dessert, this is the speed level to go to create that nice topping.
- #10– This is the whipping speed level when you do not have the time to stand over a mixer. To avoid making a mess, it is best to keep the contents at a very low level.
Speed Levels for Attachments
Not every speed level will work for every attachment. Some need lower speeds while others can only do their best work at faster speeds. Here are the speed levels for a few of the attachments you can get for this mixer:
- Grinder, slicer, and strainer- #4
- Citrus juicer- #6
- Pasta and grinding grain- #10
Your owner’s manual should provide you with the complete list of speed levels and which ones are good for any attachments we did not mention here.
How to Buy and Use Your Attachments
One way to save on space and time is to buy the grinder, slicer, and strainer all at the same time and in one package. This will get you access to a variety of food creation options that will expand your meal-making substantially.
The grinder will let you make your own ground beef, etc., with no additives. Or you can use it to grate cheese down to the size you want. Then the slicer will add a new dimension to your meals and save you lots of slicing time.
To use these attachments, you have to open up the attachment area on the front of the KitchenAid stand mixer. This mechanical connection usually just flips up to let you slide the attachment into place.
There is a locking mechanism on the side so make sure that clicks into place. Once it does, your attachment should be secure and ready to use. Then all you have to do is get your ingredients ready and select the right speed.
To detach the attachment, just pull on the locking mechanism to release the attachment. Once you do that, the item should pull out smoothly. Once out of its place, you can then clean it and get it ready for the next time you want to use it.
The sausage making attachment and all other ones will go on and be taken off in the same manner. KitchenAid made using attachments nice and simple. With the shredder and slicer attachment, you just have the extra step of placing the right blade inside the housing.
Once you know if you want to slice or shred, blade selection is easy. You should know when you have the blade in correctly when the notches line up. The owner’s manual should explain all the steps you need to take.
Some Final Words
KitchenAid’s stand mixer is a wonderful machine to use. Not only do you get to mix some great bread or pastry dough, but you also can create some wonderful meals. All you need are the right ingredients and the right attachments.
Please keep in mind that we may receive a small commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.